Tuesday, July 27, 2021

The heart, but not the head

    Reginald was not a quickwitted man, but, reading btween the lines, he seemed to sense what she was trying to say.

    "This sounds like the raspberry."

    "It is."

    "You mean all is over?"

    "I do."

    "You are casting me aside like a . . . what are those things people cast aside?"

    "'Worn-out glove' is, I presume, the expression for which you were groping?"

    "Do you know," said Reginald, struck by a thought, "I always give mine to the Salvation Army. However, that is not the point at issue. The point at issue is that you have broken my bally heart."

    "A girl with less self-control," said Amanda, switching her tennis racquet, "would have broken your bally head."

(from "Big Business," by Sir Pelham Wodehouse)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is funny right there!
A