Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Fire!. As I arrived home yesterday, I saw a lot of smoke south of us. I asked Pam is Grandpa was burning brush piles, but she said no, there was a fire in the pasture south of Daddy's place. They had just called the Sheriff's department. A Booneville officer arrived shortly thereafter, and immediately called the fire department, which arrived shortly, and went to work. It took maybe an hour, but they finally got it controlled, but not before it had gotten into the brush on the perimeter of that pasture. It actually crept over onto Daddy's property in a couple of places. Had it not been the green season, it might have been a major problem. And, naturally, 82-year-old Grandpa was right down there in the midst of it, working to keep the fire under control.

5 comments:

Rebekah Sacran said...

How did I not hear about this? Good 'ol Grandpa.

MICHAELSPAPPY said...

Well, our family is getting to the size that if you tell everyone everything you do nothing but tell everyone, and I don't have that much time. Your mother, however, seems to be doing a pretty good job in that regard. Wonder how she missed this one? Hmmmmmm?

strem said...

I am so thankful that Grandpa Green is OK. I can just picture him out there, fighting fires.

audreysnanny said...

Not only was good ole grandpa there, but so was good ole pappy and sarah. He did not mention that it made it over behind our house and I got a phone call yesterday saying that it was out again and headed toward our neighbors to the left and towards us again. I am hoping to get grandpa out this morning to walk the fence line, (I will be gone) and then I can do it when I get home. Our house is surrounded by nothing but underbrush and weeds. Would feed a fire real well.

Laura Kathryn said...

Grandpa is so cool.