Friday, April 04, 2008

Timeless - by Diane Schuur

TIMELESS.
Let me highly recommend the CD entitled "Timeless" by Diane Schuur. I am not a huge fan of her singing, although she is very good. The arrangements on this recording, however, are tremendous. It includes some swaggering big band pieces like "Come Rain or Come Shine," (one of the all-time great arrangements, IMHO), and "Do Nothin' Till You Hear From Me". But probably the real strength of the album are the slower numbers: "How About Me,"  "Too Late Now," "A Time For Love," "How Long Has This Been Going On?" On the last three mentioned, the sax solo is by the all-time great, Stan Getz, who could play romantic obligato lines like no one else.

2 comments:

Rebekah Sacran said...

Come Rain or Come Shine is the best!

strem said...

I'm way behind in reading. But, I just wanted to say that I too have this album, and you're right. The arrangements are wonderful.