Wednesday, August 06, 2014

My brief career in art history

My ability in the graphic arts is negligible, but it was one of the requirements for my degree when I was at Westark Community College (now UAFS). So, I loaded up on 18 hours and took out. The first thing we did was to get a large folder of paintings that we were to study at the library and be able to identify. Much to my dismay, it seemed that every early artist felt compelled to paint a Madonna Enthroned, and I absolutely could not tell one from the other. They all looked alike. I spent one long, despairing evening at the library trying to make sense of the project - and the next day dropped the class. I could make it up with an equivalent course later on.

Suckling%20Madonna%20Enthroned.jpg

More HERE about my college days.

No comments: