Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Groucho's wives

     Famous comedian Julius Henry "Groucho" Marx was from 1947 to 1961 the host of the game show "You Bet Your Life." For most of the time it ran on both radio and television. The personna which Groucho cultivated on the air was that of a lecherous "dirty old man" type. Evidently that may not have been too far from reality.

    Groucho was married three times. His first wife was a chorus girl. He was 29 at the time, and she was 19. His second wife was 21 when they married, and he was 54. At the time of his third marriage, he was 64 and the bride was 24.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is my first post. I couldn't help but laugh (out of surprise) when I read about GROUCHO's last two marriages. Have you read or heard about DON KNOTTS being a ladies' man? One of my favorite shows is THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW. I have read in the last few years about ANDY GRIFFITH seeing other women when he was married to his first wife. I don't care about that. That was between Andy and his wife. I think it is in very poor taste to tell "dirt" about deceased people. Andy is one of my favorite TV stars because of THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW and also MATLOCK. CLASSIC TV FAN