Thursday, September 14, 2006

Rashad Jones-Jennings

Rashad Jones-Jennings is a senior forward for the UALR Trojan basketball team. He will be the leading returning rebounder in the nation next year. I got to see him get 30 rebounds in one game last year (a conference record). UALR opens their second season in their new arena in Little Rock this next year. It is really a beautiful facility. I was the second person to go through the doors in their first game in the new arena last year, behind the #1 fan, The Man From Plaid, who does a dance at the breaks in each half and really gets the crowd into it.

6 comments:

Nardo said...

Wow Dad! I didn't know that!
That is quite an honor. Something to tell the grandkids.

Is Mark Green still playing?

MICHAELSPAPPY said...

No, he has been gone for two or three years. I think he shows up at the games occasionally, though.

strem said...

Did you win a contest or something to be person #2? Do you also dance during the breaks?

MICHAELSPAPPY said...

No, I just yell loudly. I try to take a group to a Trojan game each year, and we have a lot of fun.

audreysnanny said...

Oh can he yell at a game!!! Hurt my ear.

MICHAELSPAPPY said...

I can't get her to yell, though.