Monday, April 04, 2016

Pigs are NOT the answer

"Squiffy, have you ever felt a sort of strange emptiness in the heart? A sort of aching void of the soul?"

"Oh, rather!"

"What do you do about it?"

"I generally take a couple of cocktails."

Bill shook his head. "Cocktails aren't any good. Nothing's any good. I've read books, gone in for sport, tried work. No use whatever."

"What sort of work?"

"Stock-farming. And what's the result? I have a thousand pigs, and my heart is empty."

(from Doctor Sally, by Sir Pelham Wodehouse)

Image result for pigs

2 comments:

nanny said...

Do you remember our pigs? The ones you built a pen in the front of the house for? I have directions to our house by telling them it was the driveway with a pig pen beside it. Good times.🙃

nanny said...

You can correct my statement up there by inserting the word given.