Sunday, February 10, 2013

Homecoming at University of the Ozarks

My son and I took my 88-year-old father to Clarksville yesterday for the Homecoming basketball game between the University of the Ozarks and Mississippi College. Ozarks (it was College of the Ozarks back then) is my parents' alma mater. The trip was a huge success. Ozarks won both games, and both games were close. They have an old-style gymnasium where the crowd is right down on the court, the ceiling is relatively low, all the surfaces are hard and whatever crowd is there will be very loud. The students are really into the game, a good many of them standing along the sideline and cheering constantly. On our way out of the gym, Daddy got to visit with the President of the University, who was very gracious and invited him to the alumni days in April.

1 comment:

Rebekah Sacran said...

I'm so glad you take the time to do this sort of thing.