Friday, May 10, 2013

It is very sobering

to reflect upon the sad fact that the accomplishments of my life may be numbered in the singular: I married a good woman. Even in that I deserve no credit, for my only consideration was for her beauty. I had no idea that I would be getting a marvelous homemaker and manager of my affairs, and in time a peerless mother and grandmother. Quite frankly, I stumbled upon a good thing through a pair of mesmerizing eyes and the most beautiful, long shining hair you ever saw. So, I did one thing right, at least. But if the thing that you do right is a matter of great enough importance, it can overcome many personal failings, of which I have more than my share. I guess the lesson is that if you are to do only one thing right, make sure it is the most important thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have more accomplishments than that...but that sure is a good one.
A