Sunday, July 21, 2013

Daddy and the wagon wheel

When my father was just a small boy, old enough to walk, but not old enough to remember it, he survived a miraculous event. My grandfather never learned to drive, and they had a wagon, which was kept parked just outside the kitchen window. One day my father was playing around the wagon and had stepped up on the bottom rim of the wheel. As he did so, the horses, which were attached to the wagon, began to move forward and the wheel began to turn. As it did, my father slipped off into a position where his head was under the track of the wheel. My grandmother, in the kitchen, saw all this and could only watch in horror. However, when the wheel came into contact with Daddy's head, instead of crushing it, it caused it to scoot ahead of the wheel. A wonderful instance of God's intervening providence.

No comments: