Saturday, July 27, 2013

Wise words from a 91-year-old woman

It seems to me that as time goes on and I grow older (through God's infinite mercy and grace He bestows), I see this modern world  of today becoming more and more given to technology of every imagination, and computers reigning more and more in our lives, and so does confusion and madness increase, and life becomes more and more an enigma spinning out of control. Among my own loved ones, the young adult grandchildren, most of whom are now married and have young children, there is so little calmness and rest, but constant activity and unrest; and I have the distinct feeling that their little ones are actually being deprived and neglected. Though my grandchildren love, want, and adore their little ones, and give them  scads of things (toys, clothes, etc.) that money can buy; and the little four-year-olds are being sent to pre-school, to get the "education" that our leaders now consider of paramount importance, their little ones are not being taught what I believe is what they need at their young age, which is obedience, and that there are times to be quiet, and sit still (for a short period).

Taken from a personal letter to me, written in a firm and clear hand.

No comments: