Monday, January 06, 2014

It is lonely growing old

My father’s younger brother died yesterday evening. My aunt called me, and I went over to tell Daddy about it. He did not become emotional, but he did look a little dejected and lonely. It was not until today that it dawned on me just how much it may affect him. His younger brother lived in state and visited us regularly. But his Sister lives in Louisiana and in all probability he will never see her again. His older brother’s mind is gone, and he is not able to communicate to any degree. So, he likely will never talk face to face with any of his siblings again. That has to be a sad, lonely feeling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hurt for him.
A

Unknown said...

Lyndol and I were discussing this very thing last night. Next to Uncle Roland, this has to be the hardest of his siblings deaths for him.