Thursday, November 06, 2014

I glory in voting - even though I doubt it matters much

Our two major parties are strongly entrenched, and it does not appear that any third party will be able to make much headway against them. For several years I have felt strongly that neither of the major parties really represents my views. One of them talks a good talk, but they do practically nothing when they get in office. The other is drowning in the slough of immorality.

But I keep voting, and I love to do it. Because of the reasons listed above, I do not follow politics closely any more, and so my votes often are somewhat uninformed. And, as I said, I have no hope of my votes (or anyone else's) making any significant difference for good in this deteriorating country. Still, I do it. Because I am a free man. I may be just spitting against the wall, and the parties pay no more attention to me than a spitting man, but at least I can still spit.

ballot-box.jpg

No comments: