Saturday, August 24, 2013

The immediate superior of the Chief of Naval Operations

The CNO is the senior military officer in the Navy. Who is his immediate superior? That is a question I have wondered about. Does he report to the Secretary of Defense, or to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs? Never having been in the military, such things have puzzled and interested me. I have my answer, I suppose, in this link. LINK HERE

As you can see from the Navy's official site, "the CNO is a four-star admiral and is responsible to the Secretary of the Navy for the command, utilization of resources and operating efficiency of the operating forces of the Navy and of the Navy shore activities assigned by the Secretary."

The current Secretary of the Navy is Ray Mabus. His immediate superior is the Secretary of Defense.

No comments: