Thursday, February 27, 2014

Milnes and Domingo in "Ci Pel Ciel" - the best duet ever?

I know of no tenor/baritone duet that is more fun to sing or to listen to than Si Pel Ciel, from Otello by Verdi. The link below show a Youtube performance by tenor Placido Domingo and baritone Sherrill Milnes, and I doubt anyone has ever done it any better than these two.

Listen for the last note. Milnes is supposed to go down to a C-sharp, but instead he jumps up to the tenor note with Domingo - a high A. Any of you baritones will be impressed, I am sure.

Milnes really looks like the bad guy, doesn't he?

(By the way, I made a weak effort at singing this with Dr. Shaw on my senior recital. Not quite in the class of these two, of course.)

LINK



More HERE about Placido Domingo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there a recording of your duet?
A

MICHAELSPAPPY said...

One was made on reel-to-reel, but it was long ago discarded. Not very notable.